This project uses the TensorFlow mnist_deep network trained on the MNIST dataset to do digit classification for a handwriting-input calculator. The digits are drawn with the mouse or a touchscreen. Then when the user clicks ‘=’ the digits are recognized and the equation is evaluated.
The provided Makefile does the following:
- Builds tensorflow MNIST graph file from the tensorflow/mnist directory in the repository.
- Copies the IR files from the mnist directory to the project base directory.
- Runs mnist_calc.py, which creates a GUI window for calculator input and handles calculator control.
To run the example code do the following :
- Open a terminal and change directory to the project base directory
- Type the following command in the terminal:
All development and testing has been done on Ubuntu 16.04 on an x86-64 machine.
This program requires:
- 1 Intel NCS device
- OpenVINO 2020.1 toolkit
- OpenCV with associated Python bindings*.
Provided Makefile has various targets that help with the above mentioned tasks.
Runs the sample application.
Shows available targets.
Builds and/or gathers all the required files needed to run the application.
Gathers all of the required data need to run the sample.
Builds all of the dependencies needed to run the sample.
Compiles an IR file from a default model to be used when running the sample.
Checks the requirements needed to run the sample.
Uninstalls requirements that were installed by the sample program.
Removes all the temporary files that are created by the Makefile.